Hakeem Harbans Singh New Era College offers:-

  • Bachelor of Education (B. Ed.)
  • Diploma in Education (D. Ed.)

Bachelor of Education (B. Ed.) :-Bachelor of Education is the main opening path for the students who have passed /post graduation with at least 50.00% marks from the recognized university of India /Abroad. Our institution offers 100 seats in the program as per the notification of Govt. of Haryana/Affiliating University/ NCTE, Jaipur. Aspirant students can get admission directly in the Institution by filling the application form in the college (As per Minority Institution Norms). The duration of the course is one year and the course is best suited for the candidates desirous to become a competent teacher at secondary level education institutions.

Diploma in Education course is opportunity for those students who have passed 10+2/Intermediate examination and desirous to become a competent teacher in primary educational institutions. Aspirant students can get admission directly in the institution by filling the application form in the college (As per Minority Institution Norms). The institution offers 50 seats in this program, duration of which is two years.


Eligibility: Grad./Post Grad. With 50% marks

Duration : 02 Years


Eligibility: 10+2 any stream

Duration: 02 Years

The General Secretary informed the members that being a Sikh Minority Institution our College is permitted to conduct admissions for B.Ed./D.Ed. its own level. Members discussed the matter in details and resolved as under:

Accordingly H.H.S. New Era College of Education Society should fill all the seats from the merit list decided by the Managing Committee. Out of these seats 60% seats will be reserved for Sikh Minority candidates. Remaining 40% seats will be available for general candidates. In case, the Sikh reserved seats are not filled by Sikh candidates then these seats will be offered to Non-Sikh candidates strictly on merit. It is further resolved that :

  1. The Admission will be made as decided by the Society in the ratio 60:40 i.e. Sikh Minority students 60% and others 40%.
  2. The admissions will be done in fair and transparent manner. Admissions are taken purely on merit.
  3. Wide publicity should be made for providing adequate opportunity to the minority as well as other candidates.
  4. Brochure / prospectus containing all the relevant information may be brought out immediately by the College itself.

The   members authorized General Secretary to   take necessary   action in this regard immediately.
ADMISSION TO B.Ed./D.Ed. (Regular) Course 2015-17
H.H.S. New Era College of Education (Co-Ed.) Santnagar Distt. Sirsa has been declared as Sikh Minority Institution by the State Govt. Haryana, Chandigarh and has been allowed to conduct admission of Sikh Minority candidates as well as General candidates in the college cited above.

Accordingly, New Era Education Society has decided to fill all the seats from the merit list decided by the Society. Out of these 60% will be reserved for Sikh Minority candidates. Remaining 40% seats will be available for general candidates. In case the Sikh reserved seats are not filled by Sikh candidates then they will be offered to Non Sikh candidates strictly on merit basis.

Candidates with at least 50% marks either in the Bachelor Degree / Shastri Examination (3 Yr. duration after +2) and / or in the Master’s Degree / Acharya of Maharishi Dayanand University, Rohtak, K.U. Kurukshetra, C.D.L.U. Sirsa and any other Qualification recognised as equivalent there to are eligible for admission to the program.

Note :

There shall be no rounding off of percentage of marks of the qualifying examination from 0.5% and above to next higher number for determining the eligibility i.e. 49.5% and above will not be rounded off to 50%. 45% marks for SC/ST candidates and for blind / Physically Handicaped and Visually Impaired candidates.

Compartment candidates will not be allowed admission in B.Ed./D.Ed. (Regular course) in any case.


Division of Seats

50% seats of the total seats in the college shall be reserved for Group-i.e. Science & Maths group candidate. Other 50% seats shall be reserved for Group II i.e. Humanities & Commerce Group candidates.

Note :

The seats which remain vacant in Group-I can be converted in Group-II and vice-versa.

Submission of Application From

  1. The candidate must submit Application Form personally at H.H.S. New Era College of Education, Sant Nagar. Incomplete form will be rejected
  2. Photograph should be pasted on the Application Form and should not be pinned or stapled.
  3. Last date for receipt of Application Form for B.Ed. 25-07-15 & D.Ed. 30-06-15
  4. The college will not be responsible for late receipt of Application Form due to any reason whatsoever.      The candidates are therefore, advised in their own interest to apply well in time.
  5. Documents to be attached with the Application Form.
  6. Matric Certificate (or Proof of date of birth)
  7. 10th or 10+2 Certificate (Compulsory for B.Ed/D.Ed)
  8. B.A./B.Com./B.Sc. or equivalent Examination Marks Sheets of all the three years
  9. Degree of B.A./ or equivalent Examination Marks Sheets of all the three years
  10. M.A./M.Com./M.Sc. or equivalent Examination Marks Sheets of all the two years (If required)
  11. Degree of M.A./M.Com/M.Sc. or equivalent Examination Marks Sheets of all two years (il required)
  12. Character Certificate
  13. Haryana Certificate (if required)
  14. Affidavit of the Parent/Guardian
  15. Copy of SC/BC certificate (if required)
  16. Affidavit of being a Sikh Candidate
  17. Affidavit against ragging

Attested copies of the following documents :
Merit for admission to B.Ed./D.Ed. course shall be determined on the basis of marks obtained in the
Revised fee structure of B.Ed. course for session 2015-16 applicable on self financing colleges of Education affiliated to CDLU, sirsa

Fee decided by state admission and fee Committee Haryana ; Rs 44000/-

In Addition to the the above fee the following other annual charges/funds prescribed by the university will be payable by the student and the colleges will transfer their fee/funds to the university along with the Registration as per rules :

SN Name of the Head Self Financing Colleges
Students from CDLU Sirsa Student From Other University
Development charges 2190 2190
Registration ……… 1000
Sports 150 150
Youth welfare 100 100
Eligibility 100 100
HHF 1 10
R.K fund 70 70
Youth red cross fee 60 60
Exam fee 500 500
Alumni 100 100
Migration ……. 100
Continuation fee 500 …….
Other charges * ……. ……..
Total (Rs) 3780 4380


Schedule of admission (D.E.d)

1 . date of availability of prospectus 05-06-2015
  1. last date of receipt of application forms
  1. display of first merit list
  1. Ist counseling – cum admission
03-07-2014 to 08-07-2015
       (if needed)
  1. 2nd counseling –cum admission
         (if needed)
  1. display of IIIrd merit list – admission
  1. date of commencement of session

Instruction regarding Bonafide Residents of Haryana issued vide letter No. 62/17/95-6 GSI Dated, Chandigarh, the 3rd October, 1996, No. 62/32/2000-6GSI dated 23rd May, 2003 and No. 62/27/2003-6GSI dated 29th July, 2003 by the Chief Secretary of the Government, Haryana

Subject: “Bonafide residents of Haryana — Guidelines regarding”.

  1. I am directed to invite your attention of Haryana Govt. letters noted in the margin on the subject noted above vide which the instructions were issued regarding simplification of procedure for obtaining the certificate of Domicile for the purpose of admission to educational institution (including technical/medical institution). The matter has been reconsidered in the light of judgment delivered by the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in the case of Dr. Pardeep Jain vs. Union of India and others reported as AIR 1984-SC-1421, wherein it has been held that issued of the word

‘Domicile’ the word ‘Resident’ be used in the instructions issued by the state Government and it has been decided to revise the government instructions.

Henceforth, the following categories of persons would be eligible for the grant of

Resident Certificate :-

(i) Candidates, who have passed the examination qualifying there for selection

in an institution from a school/college in Haryana.

(ii) Children/Wards (if parents are not living)/Dependents :-

(a) Of the regular employees of Haryana State posted in or outside

Haryana State or working on deputation.

(b) Of the regular employees of the statutory bodies/corporations

established by or under an act of the State of Haryana who are posted

in Chandigarh or in Haryana or outside Haryana.

(c) Of the regular employee of the Government of India posted in

Chandigarh or in Haryana in connection with the affairs of the

Haryana Government.

(iii) Children/wards (if parents not living)/dependents of persons who after

retirement have permanently settled in Haryana and draw their pensions

from the treasuries situated in the State of Haryana.

(iv) Children/Wards (if parents are not living)/dependents of pensioners of

Haryana Government irrespective of hte fact that the original home of the

retiree is in a state other than Haryana or he has settled after retirement in or

outside Haryana;

(v) Children/wards (if parents are not living)/dependents of persons, who have

permanent home in Haryana and include persons who have been residing in

Haryana for a period of not less than 15 years or who have permanent home in

Haryana but on account of their occupation they are living outside Haryana;

(vi) The wives of such persons who are bonafide residents of Haryana irrespective

of the fact that they had belonged to any other State before marriage;

(vii) Persons who were born in Haryana and produce a certificate to that effect;

provided that the parents/guardians (if parents are not living) or persons

belongwith to anyone of the above mentioned categories are:

(a) Citizen of India;